Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Brother Can You Spare a Dime?

Shana Tova!

Stock market crashes

No, I don't think that's hyperbole. The Dow Jones Industrial Average finished down 777 points, the biggest point loss in history. The previous record was -721.56 set in the immediate aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The Standard & Poor's 500 shed 102.90, or roughly 8.5%. That was the worst percentage decline since the October 1987 crash. The Nasdaq Composite lost almost 200 points, or 9.1%.
Faltering investor confidence in US stocks last week has now started to show its worldwide market effect, as global stocks plummeted Monday in what many are deeming now ‘Black Monday’.
Over $120 billion dollars of shares have been wiped out as marketers panic worldwide, from Canada, to the UK to Asian markets.
This is will effect all our lives in some way. For it is indeed, the worst stock market crash in history.

Dr.John & Odetta

Stock Market and Monetary System on the verge of collapse

Get ready folks, the worst is yet to come! Stock up on the things you will need, while you can, and your money still has a little value.

This is not the end of the world my friends, I am here for you, and together, we will get through is. If the time comes that you need food and shelter; I am the man to see, being that I am very well stocked, and have four extra bedrooms at my disposal.
You are my friends, it's what I do.

1 comment:

Walt said...

One other thing, having been a bootlegger in my wild and ill spent youth. I learned the value of having a good supply of spirits, and wine on hand. It is like money in the bank, only better. I plan on spending a few extra thousand, stocking my wine cellar.
Hey, even if nothing happens, I will be in good spirits for a long time to come, and there will never be a cheaper inflation proof investment for the future..